8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This program is a two-day course designed to certify trainers to deliver the 3M Scott SCBA Technician I Training. The SCBA Certified Technician I course is designed for end users who want to perform basic repairs on their equipment.
Day 1 of the course, consists of going through the SCBA Certified Technician I Program, which consists of hands-on activities and practical exercises. On Day 2, trainers will review key adult learning concepts and will be required to train students on assigned course subjects. To obtain a SCBA Certified Technician I Trainer certificate, trainers must demonstrate competency on all hands-on activities, show their expertise with items listed in 3M Scott's recommended operational and maintenance manual, prove they are able to consistently transfer course information to students, and pass the course assessment.
Benefits of Becoming a Trainer
- Provide end users with a value-added experience that will help you to increase customer loyalty to your organization
- Improve customer satisfaction with 3M Scott products and your organization by showing customers how to properly use and service 3M Scott respiratory products
- Connect with customers and learn from their experiences with 3M Scott products
- Strengthen your skills and 3M Scott product knowledge
Important Registration Note:
A registration fee of $500.00 USD is required for each Authorized Service Center (ASC)
Please download the registration fee requirements policy. (Click to Download)
3M Scott Fire & Safety is a tobacco and vaping free campus.
Short pants, open toed shoes and sleeveless shirts are not permitted in the facility.
If you wear prescription safety glasses please bring them with you to class.
If you have questions about this class, please contact Scott Technical Support at ScottTechSupport@mmm.com or call (800) 247-7257.
- Class Length:
- 16 hours
- Course Duration Time:
- 2 days
- Class Type:
- Classroom and Hands-on
- Anyone who has been employed for at least two years with 3M Scott Fire & Safety Authorised Service Center (ASC), In-house Repair Center (IRC), Scott Sales Distribution Network or Scott Approved School Academy or anyone who has at least one year of experience as a 3M Scott Certified Technician.
- Certification Earned Upon Completion:
Regional and Factory Requirements
Please Read Carefully Before Registering
A submitted enrollment form does not guarantee a seat in the class. If approved, you will receive confirmation of your enrollment.
Regional sessions (field courses not conducted at our Factory) require that you bring your laptop, SCBA equipment, specific tools, materials, and solutions. Contact your instructor for the course requirements. Regional sessions may have different start and end times. Make sure to verify the start and end times with the session instructor.
Factory Sessions (Scott University):
Sessions held at our factory do not require for you to bring your SCBA equipment, or any tools or materials; however we do require that you let us know which SCBA you would like to work on before arriving.
In addition, we like to take students on a tour of Scott’s manufacturing facilities. Please be sure to wear appropriate attire, including closed toe shoes, sleeved shirts, and long pants. Safety glasses will be provided.
If you are visiting us from outside of the United States, please make sure to complete the International Visitor Form in the time indicated by our Factory Instructor in order to avoid delays in approving you into the class.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Register for this Class
This class is full. Registration is now closed.