This course is designed to provide the equipment owner training on how to properly operate and maintain their Scott Breathing Air Systems (SBAS). General cleaning, record keeping and weekly operational checks of the SBAS are the responsibility of the operator. Preventative maintenance task such as Oil, Oil Filter and Intake Element changes may be performed by a 3M Scott Service Technician or a trained SBAS operator.
- Operate equipment properly.
- Improve cylinder fill rates and life of product.
- Perform basic maintenance per owner’s manual to keep equipment in operational condition.
- Decrease system downtime and actively help prevent unbudgeted maintenance expenses.
- Improve record keeping that can help you troubleshoot an emerging problem and that is required by regulatory agencies.
- Improve operator responsiveness of when equipment requires corrective action.
At the end of this training, students will be able to properly demonstrate the following skills by using the 3M Scott Operating and Maintenance manuals:
- Perform pre-operational checks on compressor or trailer.
- Navigate X4 controller functions and display screens (if option available).
- Operate Compressor and charge cylinders and/or storage cylinders.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and maintain systems records.
- Identify the unit’s model, model number, and compressor serial number.
- Read serial number to determine if compressor is within warranty period.
- Order supplies to perform the routine maintenance schedule tasks.
- Recall regulatory guidelines and their importance.
- Observe or perform air samples checks.
End users must have operational breathing air systems to obtain operator training. This program is designed for organizations with the following 3M Scott Breathing Air Compressor Systems:
The SimpleAir Compressor System
5.0 HP 5000 psi Three Stage
7.5 HP 5000 psi Three Stage
7.5 HP 6000 psi Four Stage
10 HP 6000 psi Four Stage
The HUSHAir Compressor System
20 HP 6000 psi Four Stage
15 HP 6000 psi Four Stage
The LIBERTY HushAir Compressor System
20 HP 6000 psi Four Stage
Along with a compressor, end users must have a fully operational control panel and filling station.
3M Scott Fire & Safety is a tobacco and vaping free campus.
Short pants, open toed shoes and sleeveless shirts are not permitted in the facility.
If you wear prescription safety glasses please bring them with you to class.
If you have questions about this class, please contact Scott Technical Support at ScottTechSupport@mmm.com or call (800) 247-7257.